Elected Officials, Policy Makers, and Industry Leaders Explore the Future of 5G, Impacts of COVID-19, Spectrum, Rural Broadband, Security, and OpenRAN at CCA’s Mobile Carriers Show March 30-31
Washington, D.C. – March 16, 2021 – Elected officials and industry leaders will explore policy issues, share business strategies, and discuss a host of topics including the future of 5G, impacts of COVID-19, rural broadband, security, and OpenRAN solutions at CCA’s Mobile Carriers Show taking place online, March 30-31, 2021. Registration is free.
CCA’s Mobile Carriers Show will feature a keynote program, virtual networking opportunities, a virtual exhibit hall, and educational sessions that will focus on marketing/customer experience, business development, technical, and policy issues.
“This month marks one year since COVID-19 dramatically impacted how we live and conduct business,” said Steven K. Berry, CEO and president of CCA. “As the industry comes together for the Mobile Carriers Show, I am delighted to welcome a distinguished group of government officials, policy leaders, and technology innovators who will discuss the challenges we have all faced over the past year. We look forward to hearing their creative solutions that have enabled customers and employees to adjust during this challenging time and learn what the future will hold for the mobile ecosystem.”
The FierceWireless keynote panel on March 30 at 1:00 pm ET will feature executives from Ericsson North America, Nex-Tech Wireless, U.S. Cellular, and T-Mobile who will discuss the untapped potential of 5G, the status of 5G rollout across the country, deployment in rural areas, and the challenges carriers have faced with infrastructure and pandemic-related issues. The FierceWireless keynote panel is sponsored by T-Mobile.
Educational sessions will examine priorities for mobile carriers as we head into the second quarter including: the dynamics of the new Administration and 117th Congress, spectrum policy, best practices in network security, next generation technologies driving future mobile networks, OpenRAN, VoLTE, 5G strategies and timetables, monetizing CBRS, Universal Service Fund, and effective customer marketing techniques.
In addition to the educational programming, a number of sponsored seminars will cover a wide range of industry topics. The seminars scheduled for March 30 are sponsored by Intrado, iQmetrix, Parallel Wireless, and Ribbon; and on March 31 Altiostar, Award Solutions, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Huawei, Samsung, and Syniverse.
In the keynote program, attendees will hear policy updates and strategic insights on technology innovation, and business practices as the industry looks toward the future.
March 30 (Times are ET)
- 10:15 am – Welcome Remarks, Steven K. Berry
- 10:25 am – Congressman Mike Doyle (D-PA)
- 10:30 am – Anand Akundi, VP wireless sales, Ericsson North America Regional Carriers Customer Unit; Network Monetization
- 10:45 am - Michael Slamka, director, customer relations, Interop Technologies; Messaging Network Optimization: How to Gain Efficiency and Remove Risks
- 1:00 pm – FierceWireless keynote panel, New Frontiers for 5G; Sponsored by T-Mobile
- 2:00 pm – FCC Commissioner Brendan Carr
- 2:15 pm – Charles Marsh, SVP, US majors, Nokia; New Normal. New Possible.
- 2:30 pm – Mike Keegan, CEO, TNS and Steven K. Berry will discuss VoLTE deployment and robocalls
March 31 (Times are ET)
- 10:15 am – Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA)
- 10:20 am – Scott Wiener, Chief Marketing & Strategy Officer, Ligado and Mike Dano, Editorial Director, 5G & Mobile Strategies, Light Reading, will discuss how licensed and unlicensed spectrum can be used in mobile private networks for enterprises and critical infrastructure
- 10:35 am – John Baker, SVP, business development, Mavenir; OpenRAN: Mature and Ready for Deployment
CCA is the leading association for competitive wireless providers and stakeholders across the United States. Members range from small, rural carriers serving fewer than 5,000 customers to regional and nationwide providers serving millions of customers, as well as vendors and suppliers that provide products and services throughout the wireless communications ecosystem. CCA’s 2021 Annual Convention will take place September 20-22 in Phoenix, Arizona. Visit http://www.ccamobile.org/