Keynote Program at CCA’s Mobile Carriers Show to Host Congressman Mike Doyle, Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers, FCC Commissioner Brendan Carr and
Executives from Ericsson, Interop Technologies, Ligado, Mavenir, Nokia, T-Mobile, and TNS
Washington, D.C. – March 9, 2021 – CCA’s Mobile Carriers Show will welcome to the keynote stage FCC Commissioner Brendan Carr, Congressman Mike Doyle (D-PA), and Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA) along with executives from Ericsson, Interop Technologies, Ligado, Mavenir, Nokia, T-Mobile, and TNS. CCA’s Mobile Carriers Show will take place online March 30-31. Registration is free.
CCA’s Mobile Carriers Show will feature a keynote program, virtual networking opportunities, a virtual exhibit hall, and educational sessions that will focus on marketing/customer experience, business development, technical, and policy issues.
“We have gathered policy leaders from Washington, D.C. and mobile technology innovators to share their insights on the most pressing issues facing the mobile carrier industry as we begin to plan and move on from the pandemic,” said Steven K. Berry, CEO and president of CCA. “Our keynote speakers will focus on policies, strategies, technologies, and industry resiliency that will support efforts to build the mobile ecosystem of the future.”
Keynote Schedule – March 30 (Times are ET)
- 10:15 am – Welcome Remarks, Steven K. Berry
- 10:25 am – Congressman Mike Doyle (D-PA)
- 10:30 am – Anand Akundi, VP Wireless Sales, Ericsson North America Regional Carriers Customer Unit
- 10:45 am - Michael Slamka, director, customer relations, Interop Technologies; Messaging Network Optimization: How to Gain Efficiency and Remove Risks
- 1:00 pm – FierceWireless keynote panel, New Frontiers for 5G; Sponsored by T-Mobile
- 2:00 pm – FCC Commissioner Brendan Carr
- 2:15 pm – Charles Marsh, SVP, US majors, Nokia; New Normal. New Possible.
- 2:30 pm – Mike Keegan, CEO, TNS and Steven K. Berry will discuss VoLTE deployment and robocalls
Keynote Schedule – March 31 (Times are ET)
- 10:15 am – Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA)
- 10:20 am – Scott Wiener, Chief Marketing & Strategy Officer, Ligado and Mike Dano, Editorial Director, 5G & Mobile Strategies, Light Reading, will discuss how licensed and unlicensed spectrum can be used in mobile private networks for enterprises and critical infrastructure
- 10:35 am – John Baker, SVP, Business Development, Mavenir, will discuss OpenRAN
CCA’s Mobile Carriers Show will feature sessions on monetizing CBRS, deploying and supporting VoLTE, empowering front-line employees, USF policy, network security, and more. Speakers include executives from Award Solutions, Carolina West Wireless, GCI, Hogan Lovells US LLP, InfoBip, Inland Cellular, NetNumber, Nex-Tech Wireless, OptimERA, Parallel Wireless, Paymentus, U.S. Cellular, Samsung Electronics America, Southern Linc, TeleWorld Solutions, and T-Mobile, among others.
Educational session highlights include: March 30, 11:15 am ET – The COVID-19 Impact: Customer & Employee Needs and Expectations, will examine lessons learned over the past year and how companies are adapting to new business, customer expectations, and what lies ahead.
March 30, 11:15 am ET - The New (Zoom) Room Where It Happens: The Dynamics of a New Administration and the 117th Congress, will look at congressional committees and FCC leadership and composition, focusing on their proposed policy initiatives’ effects on rural wireless issues and CCA advocacy.
March 31, 11:15 am ET – The State of Open RAN 2021: An Open Look at Open RAN, will address whether you’ve deployed Open RAN solutions already or are evaluating the technology. This session will provide information and perspectives on the hottest technology in telecom.
March 31, 2:00 pm ET – Making Waves: Let’s Talk About Spectrum, will assess the successes and weaknesses of recent auctions, including millimeter wave bands, CBRS and C-Band, and the implications on upcoming auctions in the 2.5 GHz and 3.45-3.55 GHz bands.
CCA is the leading association for competitive wireless providers and stakeholders across the United States. Members range from small, rural carriers serving fewer than 5,000 customers to regional and nationwide providers serving millions of customers, as well as vendors and suppliers that provide products and services throughout the wireless communications ecosystem. CCA’s 2021 Annual Convention will take place September 20-22 in Phoenix, Arizona. Visit http://www.ccamobile.org/